protein smoothies w/GNC vitamin mix Not good?

hockeymom88
on 12/11/11 5:39 am - PA
Hi all...really not new, lost all my info after a house fire and subsequent re-routing of residence, etc... (5 yrs ago). 8 yrs post-op-RNY (12/03). Lost 115 lbs, since fire and 5 subsequent surgeries (broken ankle, internal hernia, dermoid cyst, torn rotator and lapro for other abdominal issue), back up 40 lbs. Medication for fibromyalgia doesn't help.
Getting back on track. Know biggest issues are obsession with prestzels, reduced exercise due to fibromyalgia (and now the cold) and ice tea. So back to protein, back to exercise, back to water. Here is question: I love a protein fruit smoothie for breakfast but after checking out calories of various items I worry that the one thing that could help this go smooth may later be my downfall. I like Jamba Juice...no added sugar, some low fat yogurt, etc...I add low calorie, non sweetened orange juice (50 calories per serving), whey protein powder, (100 calories), 2 scoops of GNC women's powdered vitamin mix (100 calories), packet of Emergen-C and some unsweetened frozen berry mix. I admit I make about a 16oz drink which last me hours. I planned on drinking that for breakfast, skipping my beloved pretzels and eating a protein bar instead for lunch. For dinner, either another bar or regular protein drink for dinner or skinless chicken, etc..sticking with water or 0 calorie ice tea. During time I re-gained, I was snacking on pretzels every day, usually in place of meals, etc...I also was grabbing a bite here or there at night when I am up taking medication or just not sleeping. Not a meal, just another handful of pretzels, etc...Yes, I know BIG NO-NO. So...smoothie will be biggest calorie inake all day. Is it OK? No added sugar but yes carbs due to OJ and fruit (can't digest milk). Thanks...
Most Active