Meal Replacement Alternatives to Shakes

Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 2:52 am
Okay, so you are bored with mixing shakes, what ELSE can you do with your Chike Meal Replacement?  Gather 'round, I am about to share some of my goodies with you!  I use Chike Meal Replacement for LOTS of fun meals, not to mention the added bonus of amazing nutritional values.  If you go to: nutritiondata.self.com - you can analyze YOUR recipes, too!!!

When you go to iLikeChike.com - tell them Brenda from OH sent you, and you may get a SURPRISE!

Strawberry Power Bars:

3 scoops of Strawberry Burst Chike Meal Replacement
2 eggs or 3 egg whites (depends on your dietary concerns)
small tub of Greek yogurt - I use unflavored
1 can of Water Chestnuts sliced or chopped - this adds crunch
Medium chopped apple
1 cup chopped dried fruit - get creative! I used Figs this last batch
1/2 cup TVP -- Textured Vegetable Protein -- found in bulk food isle
1/2 cup dry oatmeal -- I use steel cut, but rolled will do as well
1/2 cup Kashi or Fiber One Cereal - I use the low calorie kind that looks like small animal pellets
optional 1/2 cup chopped RAW almonds (no salt, or seasoning)

The eggs, yogurt and Chike get mixed on LOW until wet, then I start adding the fruit and water chestnuts.  To this wet mess, start adding the cereal, oatmeal, TVP & if you are using almonds.  This goes into a greased & floured 8X8 pan at 350 for 30 minutes.  I let it cool before I start making my bars, then I put them into an airtight container & try to keep my kid from wiping them out!

Banana Majic Chike Pancakes - YUM!

2 scoops Banana Majic Chike Meal Replacement
1 cup rolled oats (I put them in the blender to make them more like oat flour)
2 eggs or 3 egg whites (your choice)
1 tsp  baking powder
splash of vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
optional sliced banana for garnish - or throw it in mashed, to the batter!

Start with the eggs & vanilla (banana IF you are mixing it in), adding Chike, oats, baking powder & cinnamon.  Blend until most lumps are gone, and get that griddle nice & warm before pouring batter.  I haven't tried it yet, but I will add 2 tbls of oil & give Banana Majic Chick WAFFLES - I'll post my results!!!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bliss Breakfast Fabulous-ness!
2 scoops Chike Chocolate Bliss Meal Replacement
1 Tbs Better-N-Butter or peanut flour (which I prefer)
1/2 cup rolled oats - NOT quick oats - check your bulk food isle for CHEAP rolled oats
3/4 cup of water

Mix all the dry ingredients, add the water, then microwave for about 2 minutes - this makes enough for two servings for me - at about 100 calories each.  This is what I had for breakfast today!

Elvis Ate My Cookies!

2 Scoops Chike Banana Majic Meal Replacement
1 cup flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup Better-N-Butter spread - or low fat peanut butter - or natural, no sugar added peanut butter
1 tbs vanilla
1/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar -- look for it - great stuff to cook with!
optional 1/4 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
optional ELVIS add-on - 1/3 cup crumbled bacon!

I mix the wet stuff first - egg, banana, Better-N-Butter, then the Slenda Brown Sugar.  To that I add the dry ingredients.  Don't be afraid to add the bacon - it does make it amazing - and I do add the chocolate chips, I use dark chocolate myself.  Now I make 36 balls chill for about an hour before I cook for ten minutes at 375 degrees -- let cool, then make your friends Burn With Desire -- this is an AWESOME recipe, that is about 60 calories a cookie!

Brenda : )~

Most Active