is it possible to stay a vegetarian after wls?

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 12:32 pm
 any tips , tricks, experiences, 

I really don't wan't to have to start eating meat,,, but if i really have too i guess i have no choice?
Mary Catherine
on 9/20/11 2:43 am
 Just take your vitamins and get your protein from vegetable sources.  We do not need to eat meat, drink milk, eat eggs, etc.  You will be a lot healthier being a vegetarian and our planet would be much healthier if more people followed your lead.
Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 3:13 am
There are Vegan & Vegetarian Meal Replacement products out there, and don't forget good old Tofu ;)

You can do this, if you are strict, it is a matter of getting creative with your recipes.  I am not vegetarian, but have been eating less meat for over a decade, it can be done, just depends on how creative you are!

Stay positive!
Brenda  : )~
bigdiva
on 10/16/11 4:45 am - West Minneapolis Suburbs, MN
BOCA and Morning star will be your best friend, dairy items: greek yogurt, chees, cottage cheese... IT is 100% possible. Instead of regular chicken, use boca cikn pattie in the oven, etc... you can totlly do it!!
Sassy B
on 12/26/11 2:30 pm
I've been pescitarian for several years... I eat fish, eggs and dairy, but no other meats, I did vsg about 2 months ago with no real issues. I picked vsg because my doc said the band is a bad choice for veggies, since the really heavy meats are what fill the band; this issue isn't so pronounced for vsg. At first it was fine.... On soffties, eggs, yogurt, etc is all you want to eat anyhow. Since I eat fish, I have reintroduced that and don't have trouble. I do also try the morningstr faux meats, but find that their denser and dryer textures make them difficult for me at this point. I understand that over time I will want to focus on denser protein to sty fuller longer, and I plan to use all of the boca burger and morningstar offerings, which have a ton of protein and are all reasonably low fat and easy to make.

I am not sure if I could do it without the fish... But you definitely dont need to go full blown with beef, pork, etc unless you want to.

5'9", 31 year-old female pescetarian VSGer!   ///   Surgery by Dr. Steven Clark on 14-Oct-2012.

Most Active