WANTING TO EAT

camishane
on 8/13/11 11:55 am

I am 16 months post-op.  I went from 322 to 120.  I did have issues with keeping down food and trouble trying to figure out what GOOD things I could eat and tolerate.  I had my gallbladder removed a week ago and I am craving things I have never ate **** cream, cake, chocolate).  I am afraid I am going to stretch my poutch and gain my weight back.  My family thinks I'm crazy because they don't see a problem with gaining a little weight.  I was taken off my exercise regimen when I got under 120 and was very malnutritioned.  I was just wondering if anyone has had their gallbladder removed and had any similar issues.  I just want to know if this is normal.
Thanks,
Camille

Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 3:03 am
Hey Camille,

I have a product recommendation for you - Chike Meal Replacement - and I posted recipes I have been making with Chike - other than JUST shakes.  You can get a Travel Pack from Chike by calling 877-974-2537, and if you tell them Brenda from OH told you about them - they may wave the $6.95 postage charge.

I have made frozen Chike by using a frozen banana broken into pieces (freeze your ripe bananas in a ziplock, pull them out as needed) water, and a scoop or two of Chike (all flavors work with this recipe - Banana, Vanilla, Orange, Chocolate, and Strawberry) - put the blender on LOW, and you have a thick & frozen treat! 

I mix the flavors - Orange & Banana, Chocolate & Strawberry -- you just add one scoop of each to 8 oz of water - and if you use ice - just use less water for a thicker shake!  The flavors are really the best I have found in the Meal Replacement powders -- and it is a MEAL replacement, not just protein!

Go to iLikeChike.com - look at the numbers, and give them a try, I am sure it will help you "Sweet Tooth"!

Brenda : )~
texasgirl55
on 11/13/11 5:56 am - Katy, TX
I love my Chike it tastes like a milk shake and I look forward to drinking it.  Glad to hear about your varieties of fruit shakes.  The big bottle say two scoops to one 7 oz drink but you only use the one scoop with the fruit  I work in a book store and I bought Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and look forward to trying the recipes.  Has anyone had an experience with this cookbook.  The food sounds so good.  And as far as the meal replacement protein shakes I use them and water for a day or two whenever I am not losing weight as fast as I think I should.   
gbowl83
on 11/19/11 8:39 am
Where can you get Chike from?
texasgirl55
on 11/19/11 9:41 am - Katy, TX
They sell it at my doctors office along with vitamins.  Both chocolate and vanilla are good I add fruit to the vanilla and it tastes like a shake.  I think you can probably google 'chike' my doc told me you can buy it online but its just so convenient to buy it from them.  Its a little more expensive but if I have to drink protein shakes I want them to taste good.  I don't know about you but I am having trouble getting all my water in everyday.  So far I have only managed to get 52 oz. in and I get up at 5 and start drinking right away. I am also finding the soft stage of the diet very monotonous.  The menu suggestions they gave me were a lot of repeats of the same food.  At this stage it is all so new to me and I am afraid to try something different than was suggested but I guess this too shall pass!
Most Active