Gained weight

stariiiiiii
on 6/22/11 5:11 am - Dearborn Heights, MI

I had my surgery two years ago and have gained back 10 lbs. 
Its all going back in my stomach and I feel fat again.  Tried going on liquid and tried eating healthier and I cant seem to get on the right track.

I keep wanting to eat crunchy things and pieces of chocolate or find Im going for the unhealthy fatty foods I did before my surgery.  Even though I cant eat a large amount, Im still gaining as crunchy goes down really easy.

Would appreciate any sugggestions to keep me on the right track.  I dont want to gain back what I worked so hard to take off.

Thanks

rloral
on 6/23/11 12:27 pm - Xenia, OH
The same thing is happening to me. I have gained 25 pounds back and I can't find out why I can't lose 10 of those 25 pounds. My surgeon thinks that my body is set to this weight and I should not worry about it.  I lost 25 pounds more than I wanted to lose so I'm at the weight I want to be minus the 10 pounds but I cannot lose it for nothing. Right now I'm on a low carb/protein eating pattern. Hopefully, this will work. Like you I crave chocolate all the time. It's good that you're recognizing this now. What does your surgeon say?
stariiiiiii
on 6/23/11 7:28 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
I havent talked to him about the gain.  I do remember though as I was loosing, I was loosing fast and I got to the point where I felt I looked too thin so I started eating more to stop the weight from coming off and now Im in this habit that Im trying to break again.  I do remember him telling me that I should try to take off a little more because most people do gain back some weight.  Im wondering if this is what he meant?  
I just cant get myself to stick to a diet again!
Jennifer E.
on 6/27/11 2:08 am - Dallastown, PA

I have gained back twent pounds since my surgery on 2/9/2009 and my surgeon seems to think I am snacking too much. I am not hungry that much but my mind tells me I am. He told me to stop snacking but i can't :( I brought some carrots to work with me today and ate my lunch super slow.....i am hoping to get this weight off plus more . Let me know what you come up with!!!

thanks

Jenn E.

stariiiiiii
on 6/27/11 6:58 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
Hi Jen,

I KNOW Im snacking too much!  lol  I try to get back on the right track but I feel like I did before I lost all my weight.....Im struggling again.  
I went on eggface.com and printed out a lot of protein shake recipes that she has posted there.  Im looking around for the brand of protein she uses and cant find it.  Right now Im using bariatric protein powder and its in chocolate.  Its not going to blend up well

I know what I have to do and that is quit snacks and starting eating healthier and better but its so hard to get started again
wendylouu
on 2/18/12 5:04 am - GA
 Try advocare this I what I use. Lost 7.3 lbs in ten days!! I'm 8 yrs post op
www.advocare.com/11032524
Meal replacement shakes and mns max c or 3

Live, Laugh, Love

Most Active