seizures

gogirl1960
on 6/19/11 4:36 am - greenwood, DE
recently dianoised with seizures, how do i know if this is not diet related, was in the hospital for four days.  could i be missing something in my diet.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/11 7:58 am
Some get them due to really low blood sugar - hypoglycemia or reactive hypoglycemia, that is definetly post op side effect for RNY.
i get low blood sugars - but not seizures,,, I know some people that think that their RH casue theirs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 6:27 am - Orange County, CA
I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder about 4 1/2 years ago. Usually it is not diet related unless at the time you had the seizure you were severely dehydrated or had very low blood sugar. Anyone can be forced into having a seizure. Alcohol and drugs can force someone to have a seizure. How many have you had? What did they tell you in the hospital? Have you seen a Neurologist? I have EEG done regularly to monitor any seizure activity in my brain and I still am having seizure activity in my brain, but my seizures have been controlled by medicine for the last 4 1/2 years, allowing me to live a totally normal life. It is not uncommon to develop a seizure disorder as an adult. Alot of times they don't know why? I am having a VSG next month. Because the VSG doesn't cause malabsorption this is the surgery they recommend if you take seizure medicine. Hope this helps and PLEASE ask any questions you might have. E :) 
gogirl1960
on 7/4/11 8:03 am - greenwood, DE
fi have had 2 according to the neurologist i go back in aug to see him again..  i am taking keppra 1500mg a day.  can not drive for 3 months..  the day i had the siezure  i had just eaten and drank for breakfast..  my eeg that i had done in the hospital was abnormal ..   so who knows ..

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 1:27 am - Orange County, CA
I will keep you in my prayers. Please reach out to me if you need someone to talk to or have any questions. It is so hard to not drive, but it will give you the time you need to make sure that the seizure medicine you are on is going to control your seizures. I totally understand what you are going through. Hang in there. Elizabeth
Most Active