Help!

opaleyz
on 5/5/11 10:47 pm
Hello Everyone!

I am in need of help.  I had my surgery 6 yrs ago and was doing perfect, no problems.  Following my diet and getting my excerise in, taking all my vitiams .  I lost a total of 100 lbs.  
Now in the past three months something is going on with my body.  My hair is very dull and brittle everytime I comb it I lose 100 strands of hair or more.  I am scared to death because I have gained 15 lbs back. 

Any suggestions, new meal plans to follow, at this point I am desperate on the border line of being very depressed.  

Thank you..

Amy Smith
on 5/8/11 10:29 am
I am not nearly as far out as you, but the one thing I have learned on OH is when things go bad go back to the basics....How much protein are your getting a day?  Water?  What does your bloodwork look like?  Can you schedule an appointment with your PCP or your surgeon.  An appointment with the nutritionist wouldn't be bad either.
cindibarre
on 5/10/11 2:13 am - Danforth, ME
I'd definately go to my PCP and get some bloodwork.  It could be something simple like thyroid problem.  Don't panic!  Get an appointment with the PCP.
dawnab
on 5/10/11 3:09 pm - Stockport, IA
First, don't panic!  Your temporary weight gain may have nothing to do with your WLS.  I agree with Amy, go back to basics and make sure you are following the right steps.  It is very easy to get off track.  You may have started something new or changed something in your diet 6 months or even a year ago that is just starting to show up.  Products we buy some times change so check the labels.

There may be other reasons for weight gain such as a change in your hormone levels (female or male), which could also explain the changes in your hair.
Dawna
onemeanmom
on 5/10/11 3:22 pm - Modesto, CA
Like everyone else, go see your doc and get blood work done. I had the hair issue and it was low iron........... easy to fix! I was also tired all the time so the iron fixed that big time. Could also be B vitamins. But you need blood work to know whats up. I'm 3 years out and have gained abt 25  pounds! It sure sucks! It's all my own fault though so............. I'm eating and drinking anything and everything and not exercising so I need to get myself back on track!!!
good luck to you!!!

Most Active