Pre Surgery Jitters??

Tracibaby
on 5/2/11 12:06 am
Hi everyone. I am only 9 days away from my surgery and I am scared to death!!
I have been thinking all weekend if I should really do it or not? I am mostly afraid of death, leaking, pain etc. and long term only eating a 1/4 cup of food. any feedback might help. Thanks 
Amy Smith
on 5/8/11 10:31 am
In 2 years I will be 2 years out and this was the best decision I ever made.  I had complications and it was not easy, but I still do not regret my decision one day.  I eat more than a 1/4 at each meal and I have a normal life.  I will say that my life has definately changed....I make sure to take time for myself so I can workout, rest, prepare meals, etc.  
It is totally normal to be nervous, but just remember your surgeon knows what he/she is doing and I am sure you are in good hands.
Improvingmylife
on 5/11/11 4:30 am - NC
that is quite normal to feel that way, I went to the hospital and changed my mind, and as I waited to go to the OR, I changed my mind, this is certain a life changing process, but trust me, If I can go through this you can too. there is a risk with everything in life, and with this procedure you have to take it slow, yet serious. I often find myself asking what in the world have I done to myself, but then in the long run I look at it as if I am more healthier than I was before, so I added some years on my life. I am only 6 weeks post op. so I know how you felt. Just pray about it and you will be fine, and one day you will be on the website coaching someone else through this process.
Most Active