What's your biggest weight loss obstacle?

jessemichael
on 4/24/11 2:51 am
Hey everyone, there are many different things that can keep us from reaching our weight loss goals, from both internal and external influences.
What is everyone's biggest obstacle in losing weight?

i.e. unable to exercise, can't stand exercise, hate eating healthy, don't know how to eat healthy, etc.
Check out my personal weight loss tips blog.
crystal M.
on 4/25/11 4:18 am - Joliet, IL

It's my brain...it tells me not to exercise and veg ou****ching TV....it tells me to eat lots of cookies.

Thank God I almost never listen to my brain.  I went and worked out even if it was a long day at work or there was 10 inches of snow on the ground.  Only time I skipped is when I was sick in December.  But until I actually get on the treadmill and start jogging my brain is thinking of ways to get out doing it.  Once I get going I love it and glad I'm doing it.

My brain is a little harder to ignore when there's cookies and cakes to avoid.  There are times I don't win that battle but I figure I lost the battle but I'm winning the war.   

jessemichael
on 4/25/11 12:21 pm
I think a lot of people can relate to that same feeling! We can't expect our brains to do a total 180 degree turnaround once we've decided to get healthy and stop making us want to do the things that helped get us unhealthy in the first place... but overcoming those urges is the most important part! And remember this quote anytime you do falter from your diet or exercise: “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. “ - Nelson Mandela

Check out my personal weight loss tips blog.
Reddheadd7
on 5/20/11 4:44 am - CA
I'm with you sister! I started hiking and now my brain says, well since you hiked 8 miles today, you don't need to workout this week! but now I havent gone for a hike in a couple weeks because my blisters have been healing but I'm at that stuck point again to get motivated. Actually last Friday I took my puppy for a walk to break in the new hiking boots and I hurt my existing blister! I don't have a gym membership because I don't like gyms and I got a few DVDs at home to keep things interesting but I'm just not interested!!! I've never been an exerciser, walking mostly but I know that strength training makes me look so much better. I don't know what to do. I found a Curves by my house but it's soooo small! My eating is great, protein intake awesome but now I have to get my body moving again!

Any words of encouragement/ suggestions is welcome.

crystal M.
on 5/20/11 10:46 am - Joliet, IL
As you can see from what I said I'm not one to like exercise either...but I want to lose weight.  So I go to the gym 6 days a week.  All I can say is you just have to drag yourself to the gym...once the weight starts melting off of you it does get a little easier to stay commited but really I would rather do something else. 
dridlen
on 4/30/11 8:34 pm - gillette, WY
 One of my biggest obstacles is sweets. I crave them all the time and find it hard to say no. Plus I am getting a llittle burned out on the gym I go to and have been for 4 years. I am thinking of switching at least for a little while and seeing what happens. I do not believe in "diets" per se but rather eating smart, listening to my body, intuitive eating if you will. 

Doxie
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
236 (highest)/228 (at surgery)/136.8(currently)

Most Active