Increase Rate of Suicide after Gastric Bypass

Lisanelson_2
on 4/21/11 7:28 am - Salt Lake City, UT
 Hello All,

I have started a blog to try and get the message out about the startling increase in the rate of suicide and related problems with nutritional related deficiencies post-gastric bypass that many surgeons aren't telling their patients.   The stories that people tell me are absolutely heart breaking. The sad thing is, they are blaming the patients when it can be avoided if given the right information. I won't go into the details here, but those of you who are interested or who are experiencing problems or know what I'm talking about can find my blog at http://www.itsnotaddictiontransfer.wordpress.com

I've looked on this site and have seen very little about people with problems with alcohol and addiction.   So either people aren't admitting it on this site or they aren't talking about it, since as many as 30+% of post-gastric bypass patients are having these types of problems.  Admittedly, when you are in the depths of despair, you probably aren't going to be on a site like this chatting about how terrible things are - you are probably in denial and hiding it.  Most people go to a site like this to rave about how happy they are.   I know that's what I did my first two years.

I promise this is not to sell anything, I am just trying to get the word out and help people who are having problems and hopefully prevent others from developing problems.   Many of you already know this, but I link to the latest studies on nutritional deficiencies, increased suicide rates, by the scientific publications, etc.  And to all you who are just fine - kudos and congratulations, this is for those who aren't.
MissStaci
on 7/23/11 10:36 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
I just checked out your blog...it can give hope to people that are deficient. Many people have no idea of the problems lacking some nutrients can cause and we get so focused on the food and water that we forget about keeping up with supplements. Their importance can't be stressed enough.
 "Life is not easy for everyone. But life can be beautiful even when it is not so easy."
 Olga Bowman, "Four Seasons Lodge"

Most Active