Yoplait Greek Yogurt

kittenlily
on 4/20/11 7:04 pm, edited 4/20/11 7:06 pm - WV
Hey folks!

I'm getting creative with my protein, like we all have to. I've settled into Greek yogurt and, even better Yoplait version Greek yogurt which is a familiar brand!

I have a good time blending these with a little almond mil**** and some fresh fruit to make a delish smoothie.

Get creative and see what kind of flavors you can crank out :D

K

p.s. 14g of protein a pop!
jessemichael
on 4/25/11 12:28 pm
Greek yogurt is a superfood! I've been eating it every day for the last 2 years and it is an amazing source of protein and great biotics. I usually mix half of the yoplait with half nonfat plain chobani... I find the yoplait plain has a funny taste but when mixed with the chobani and honey it loses that taste... and it still offers a few grams of much needed fat (I never eat a meal that doesn't contain some fat as its an essential nutrient)
And using it smoothies like you said is a great application!
Check out my personal weight loss tips blog.
shoegirl1023
on 4/26/11 6:08 am - Solon, OH
What's the sugar content in that yogurt?  I love the Fage greek yogurt but it has too much sugar per serving.

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

kittenlily
on 4/27/11 3:27 am - WV
I'm glad you prompted me to look at this!

I checked both Yoplait and Fage's websites and here is what I was able to find:

Yoplait - 20 grams
Fage Total Classic - 6 grams for the plain (16 grams of protein) all the way to 28 grams for the honey

I might be hunting down the Fage Total Classic plain for my smoothies in the future. :)
shoegirl1023
on 4/27/11 6:06 am - Solon, OH
Good job I mentioned it to you. Hope u can find the Fage, it really is good. I'm not such a big yogurt fan, but when I did have that one I would add equal or splenda to it.  Right now I am into the Dannon light n fit which is diabetic friendly and very low in sugar, I think about 4gr per tub and also fiber one has a low sugar yogurt about 6gr per tub, they are small tubs but enough, I also add some Kashi puffed wheat cereal to them to give me some crunch as I really need the crunch!

Hope this helps.

Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

jessemichael
on 4/27/11 11:57 am
I've eaten fage, chobani, and yoplait greek yogurt. Personally, I find fage to have the creamiest texture and best flavor by far, and yoplait the worst flavor by far. As far as price, fage is the most expensive, and yoplait is the least expensive... chobani is right in the middle. Nutrition-wise, chobani is the only one that is totally non-fat, and has the most protein, and about 9 grams of sugar per serving for plain (only lactose, no sucrose). The other two, fage and yoplait, both have about 4-5 grams of fat per serving.

What i suggest if you can afford it is the fage because of the healthy fat content, and the awesome flavor. Don't do the non-fat chobani alone unless you're eating something else with it that has fat, because very low fat diets are not healthy
Check out my personal weight loss tips blog.
kittenlily
on 4/27/11 6:13 pm - WV
Thanks to both of you guys!
Most Active