Protein bars? any unDIRT like.

jenysez1
on 3/17/11 1:05 pm - LA
Any suggestions on high protein and low sugar protein bars?  Last one I had didnt have a bad flavor but the texture was like chewy dirt.

Jenny
caseyannRN
on 3/20/11 8:19 am
I would love to know the answer to this as well. It seems that most of them that I have tried taste like chocolate covered dirt, with a hint of carmel! LOL Or they have too much sugar in them for me.
jenysez1
on 3/21/11 1:02 pm - LA
I tried the atkins bars and they taste pretty good.  I need to find some I like that has more protein, because these have 10 but I know some have 20+grams.  I think I am going to go to GNC and buy a few of the single bars so I can try them without having to buy a whole box of possible DIRT tasting yuck.

jENNY
caseyannRN
on 3/22/11 1:37 pm
Jenny

I am not sure what they taste like yet. But I was looking at some of the the Atkin's Advantage bars and they have a few that are like 17 grams of protien with very little sugar.

jenysez1
on 3/22/11 1:53 pm - LA
I got the granola one today.  It is pretty good and is 17g. I did however like the taste of the atkins chocolate crunch bar that has only 10g, but I will do what I have to do....lol.
Not sure if you have Winn Dixie grocery stores around but I noticed today they have many bars that you can buy single to try and they all where around $2 (smoothie king is $3-$4 per bar)  I got three other brands to try. 
DiamondGirl2013
on 3/23/11 6:01 am
 Hi Jeny,

How are you doing? Hope you are enjoying in trying different protein bars....just for fun.

I tried one protein bar when I was taking some medications to maintain my weight. That time I need to take reduced sugar level and high protein bars. So I tried this protein bar from the suggestion given by one fo my friends. It is Nutrilite Protein Bar with 21 gms of protein and 1gm of Sugar. The taste is also so good. I didn't even feel to eat any other thing once after I finished my medication. It is with Cinnamon Bun Flavor and Chocolate delight flavor and also have some energy protein bars too. 

Just visit this website www.integralbeauty.info and search as protein bars, you will get all the details about the bars their ingredients informations. Hope you will surely enjoy this protein bars.

Let me know if you want more details.
 Sharah

jenysez1
on 3/23/11 7:48 am - LA
Thanks, I will check it out.....I thought I saw a cinnamon bun protein bar at smoothie king.  They fool you though because so many have tons of sugar.  I am having surgery in mid June and I already have issues with protein, so the doctor is on me to try the low sugar bars and the shakes.  I have been ordering sample sizes because sadly I am picky too.  (too damn picky at times..lol) I also noticed at Winn Dixie (not sure if they have those grocery stores around you) they have tones of different bars you can buy individually rather than paying for a whole box of dirt..

Thanks again, Jenny
DiamondGirl2013
on 3/24/11 2:23 am
 Hi Jenny,

If you don't mind could you please tell me what surgery you are going to take in mid of June?

Because, if you gave me the information, I will suggest you something better and best based on your body condition. It is good to have clear info while giving suggestions.

Actually the bars which I suggested to you before, all are tested for even for Diabetics patients, even though the bars tastes as sweet one, they are fully with natural fruit concentrates so it will never burden you much with high sugar. Lots of post doctorate reasearch scientists done a research on it for the protein level and sugar level to the Diabetics patients itself,  and they have proven reports. These reports are given by Doctors in New York to one of my friend, she is now so active and healthy, she even done with her Bypass surgery in June 2010.

If I know what is exactly you are looking for then I will surely help you out to maintain an optimal health...Please let me know.
 Sharah

jenysez1
on 3/24/11 3:40 am - LA
I am having a RNY.  I am really just looking for High protein low sugar and not too many carbs.

Jenny
Most Active