Hankering for a Hunk of Cheese...

Brenda Holland
on 2/22/11 10:19 pm - Bryans Road, MD
RNY on 10/03/11 with
I haven't gottten the surgery done yet (RNY).  But, I'm trying to retrain myself "different eating habbits".  I've been using the tools for macro-nutients (the giant food pie) says that I eat too much fat.  So, now I have to cut out "cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, pecans, and black olives"....all of which are my FAVORITE. 

Are there other "low fat cheeses that I can substitute for cheedar cheese?" 
I hate low fat ranch...so, I'll have to adapt to a different salad dressing.
oh and to give up black olives ...wow, that's gonna be a problem.  Are there other nutts that I can eat that aren't so bad for me?
How bad do you want it?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/11 7:00 am
Black olives are good. I would suggest you do not cut them out. As for low fat cheese- look for low fat cheese - my fav are the individual wrapped string cheese - Frigo light.  Then I like the Swiss cheese and I use the light Swiss cheese..Light baby bell are nice too - individually wrapped - that can be taken with you as a snack. But that also melts well in a wrap.. so good. .

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

watkinsme
on 2/28/11 10:24 pm
VSG on 08/24/16
 for ranch dressing I use 2tbs greek yogurt 1/2 tps from a ranch dressing powder then thin it with a little water 

low fat, low carb, low calorie plus it has a little protein :)
Most Active