More calories please

downsized
on 2/13/11 11:31 pm - MI
I am 3 weeks post-op and struggling to reach my 1200 calorie target.  I did not lose any weight on my first week of soft & mushy foods because my daily calorie intake was so low.  I eat at least 5 times a day.  2 of those meals are usually shakes.  I feel stuffed just after a few bites.  I am occassionally adding unflavored Unjury.  Any hints?  
theoriginalposterchild
on 2/15/11 7:25 am - Windsor, CO
What kind of shakes are you using?  I like Carnation Instant Breakfast - no sugar added.  Most of the others taste nasty to me.

What does your surgeon say about getting more calories?  Does he or she have any suggestions?

Have you tried eating canned boneless skinless salmon with sour cream mixed in?  Peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter and cashew butter might help.  They are easy to digest and packed with protein and calories.

Good luck.

Weight loss surgery has saved my life and I would recommend it to anyone who has the strength to dedicate themselves to the challenging WLS lifestyle.  This is not the "easy way out."  It's the hardest way out.  "Easy" would have been to do nothing.

Most Active