VLC Diet 3 weeks before surgery

mydi4u
on 2/5/11 3:06 pm - federal way , WA
 I have 3 weeks before my gastric bypass and they put me on a 1000 cal VLC diet. This is the worst ever! I am starving and since I am diabetic my B.S has been low. My doctor already dropped my medication dose but It's still low, so I am going to stop taken them until I can see my doctor again. But It is so hard to follow this diet when I am starving.  My diet is as follows:

protein shake for breakfast
protein shake for lunch 
frozen dinner under 350 cal high protein for dinner
1 cup of yogurt or fruit for snack and 1 cup vegi's 

How do you live off this little food? I don't think I'm gonna make it 3 weeks on this diet!

dizzfree37
on 5/5/11 1:40 am - WA
I understand your frustration!!  I'm 3 wks out from surgery as well ( May 24th )  and They have me on a liquid diet 4 protein shakes a day, water, or low cal drinks, can have very little cottage cheese or egg whites.   I'M STARVING TOO !!!   I make my shakes with yogurt or a dab of peanut butter....but I'm light headed and I have terrible headaches.   I tried to add egg drop soup....i could eat (drink) that till the cows come home!!    why 3weeks of this!!   others I have talked to only did a week or maybe 2, but I have to change something....I'm dizzy and lightheaded all the time now.  Good luck to you hope things get better for you!!
Dashannon :)                    
Most Active