Weight gain

bookworm
on 1/28/11 3:49 am - Douglasville, GA

I am 3  1/2 yrs post op and have lost 200 lbs. But in the last 8 months I have become lax and put on 45 lbs. I was wondering if anyone has tried Weigh****chers after having  RNY surgery. And If so what have been the pro's and con's of the program. Please help I feel like a total failure.

jahncrish
on 2/1/11 2:00 pm - United Kingdom
I find  myself  almost as heavy as I was before  weight loss surgery. The fact that you are gaining weight may mean that your system is probably healthy.  Your system has healed and adjusted to the surgical alterations. You may be able to lose weight again without a revision.Whether you have a revision or not, you have to come to terms with the fact that you must become dedicated to a healthy diet and frequently an exercise program. 

Diet Plans for Women
bookworm
on 2/2/11 1:29 am - Douglasville, GA
TY for the reply, I hate to know that I am going to have to be in the same boat I was before surgery. Constantly on a diet. But I know that I have been lax as far as eating the wrong things and the exercise is a must and I do fine in warmer weather, but the cold keeps me indoors quite a bit.

Danielle Hodgins
on 2/18/11 1:41 am - My Happy Place, NY
Don't feel like a failure, its very common to regain after surgery or any 'diet'.  What I have learned is that it has to be a life long decision to eat healthy and exercise.  Surgery, as with diets are only a temporary fix if you don't make a long term commitment to change.  I think weigh****chers is a good program, it teaches you how to eat for life.  Incorporate some exercise if you're not doing that already.  I also drink shakeology everyday that helps keep me full, curb cravings and just feel awesome.  You can do it if you put your mind to it!  Let me know if you have any questions.

Chin up - and move forward! You can do it!

HUGS
Danielle
7+1/2 years post op
~*~ Dani ~*~
RNY 8/19/03
How healthy and happy do you want to be?  It's a lifetime commitment.   You can do it.

Friend me on Facebook Too!  https://www.facebook.com/DanielleHodgins
Diminishing Dawn
on 2/26/11 4:59 am - Windsor, Canada
Pros - if you are motivated by weighing in and being accountable, then perhaps if WW is for you.
If you don't have any support, can't find your own program to stick to, it might be good.
Cons - It's expensive and not necessarily geared to WLS.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active