Building a WLS Iphone, Blackberry App- HELP !!!

Vickie
on 12/26/10 12:48 pm - Wilmington, NC
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I am in the process of building an app specifically related to WLS. I want to know what specifically you would want the app to do for you. Some of the responses I've gotten so far have been:

- send reminders about vitamins, water, protein
- meal planning
- exercise suggestions
- weight loss tracker

Anything you could think of that would make your post op wls journey go more smoothly I would appreciate. If you've started to regain weight, how could the app help you get back on track. I'll be posting this on a couple of forums. I appreciate your input.

Vickie
RNY- 4/20/2006
Cindy S.
on 12/29/10 9:30 am
RNY on 06/28/10 with
 Will it work for Droid?  I would like to put in everything I eat and have it track it.  Calories, fat, protein, sugar...the important stuff!  
mn8wtihn
on 1/2/11 12:31 pm
Great Idea- I've been looking for such an app.

Meal planning would be great -especially if you also included phase specific meals/recipes.  So while in full liquids you could access a variety of food suggestions etc.
Food diary/log for tracking daily nutrition (ie; protein, calories, fats etc)
Dr. appointment reminders /
Also, the weight loss tracker should also track time since surgery (ie; 3 months post op; or 2 weeks etc).

Those are my two cents..
Good luck.

colo_girl
on 1/11/11 10:53 am - Arlington, VA
REALIZE Band on 06/23/10 with
HI there,

First let me say woo hoo!  I would love to have an app for WLS folks. 

I think you have hit on the biggies and I agree witht he other posters.  as a bandster I would like to have a function to track my band fills.  Also, I would like the ability to track an overall goal weight, and interim goals.  Fo instance, my overall goal may be 110 lbs, but I want to lose 25 by Easter...

Thanks for taking my input, I look forward to seeing the app.

PS:  Please don't forget about those of us with the Droid! 

Most Active