My Blender Bottle has a funky odor, need advice.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/10 2:38 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi there!  So I'm currently pre-op, about a month til my surgery. I'm been testing different protein powders, etc, and purchased a Blender Bottle to mix them in. I know how much a part of my life this will be post-surgery so I'm getting into the swing of things now.

I absolutely love the Blender Bottle, especially with the little wire ball that helps with clumps, and I've been diligent about rinsing it out after finishing my protein shake, and making sure I wa**** with hot soapy water....

But still!

Its getting this funky odor in it! And I can't seem to get it to go away. Does anyone have any feedback on how to clean it to get rid of the odor? A co-worker said it smelled that way because of the protein powder.

Or would a metal or glass blender bottle work better? And if so, any recommendations of a brand?!

Thanks!

Alissa
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 5:49 am - Switzerland
 Hi,

Fill the bottle with ho****er, then a few drops of bleach. Close the bottle up then shake it up pretty good. Dump out, rinse, then repeat. Make sure you perform a good final rinse. For a really grungy bottle leave the bleach in overnight.  
xraygirl
on 12/19/10 9:02 am - GA
Try white vinegar. I use it in my wash when my towels smell soured. Bleach is also a good choice but will break down certain product or cause rust. Whichever one you use always rinse well with ho****er
RubyDarkstar
on 8/5/11 1:47 pm - Ashby, MA
oxyclean powder will take the smell and stain out of anything! Just soak your blender bottle over night in water and plenty of the stuff. works like magic

Highest 299  Pre 269/surgery 259/ Current 126 Ticker= since sugery

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/12 2:52 am
 I had the same problem before I used baking soda.
 It works well as cleaner and deodorizer for many things. add a good amount of baking soda and mix it with water and let it sit overnight shaking periodically to prevent settling.

Hope it works!!
AliciaDDG
on 12/30/10 2:18 am
We have to use a little bleach with ho****er in ours too.
Most Active