Protein Bar for 5K suggestion needed

Tom C.
on 11/13/10 9:48 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if this question has been asked 10,000 times.   On Thanksgiving morning I will be running a 5K. I am looking for a possible Protein bar to have before the race.   Yes, I know I should have a protein shake - and probably will - but in case I need an "extra" boost - can you recommend any?

I know it should be: no more than 30 grams of protein (20 to 25 ideal); no more than 10 grams of carbs (5 grams ideal) and no more than 250 calories (less than 200 ideal).
  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
GordonGirl
on 11/19/10 11:07 pm - SoCal, CA
You look on the "Fitness and Exercise" Board. Very supportive bunch and know a lot about prepping for a race. From what they have told me...any race or activity under an hour does not need supplementing. Treat is as your regular work out. Having said that, the Atkin's protein bars fit the bill nicely (not the little ones).

Good luck on you 5K
Tom C.
on 11/19/10 11:51 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

THANKS FOR CHECKING!! Most people have told me the same thing, under an hour no need to worry.

THANKS AGAIN!! 

Have a safe and sensible Thanksgiving !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active