Pre-Op Weight Loss Troubles

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/2/10 4:06 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
 I started this journey on March 15, 2010. I was supposed to have my surgery in mid September. It is now November and I have been yoyo-ing between the same 15 pounds as when I started. I cannot get past 287 and every week I do a weigh in I get more scared that I am going to lose this incredible chance. Can someone please help, my will power is down to nothing and I keep wanting to eat, I started at 292, and I weighed myself today and I was 295 and I have a weigh-in this FRIDAY! My doctor says that she'd like to see at least half the weight gone by December, thats 12 pounds and I have 25 total to lose! THIS SUCKS! What to do? I HATE being like this I am so sick of being the funny fat girl with a 'pretty face' I didn't let it bother me before but it's slowly starting to affect me. At first I thought I was just "thick" but not I realize I am HUGE...and I need something to stick to so that I can lose this weight and get this surgery. I am mentally ready and all my testing is done they are just waiting on my weight loss :(
rexysmamma
on 11/10/10 3:49 am
Dear "You Can Do This":
I am sorry u r having trouble. I want u to start doing these things immediately as you will have to do them post op any ways, so another words, get used to post-op life.

1. Find a good multivitamin and start taking it....today~!
2. Write down everything that goes in your mouth.  Gum, pop, water, food, etc.
3. Eat no more than 1500 calories a day till surgery~! This is done by writing everything down and counting those calories. You will soon see what the culprit may be that is holding u down.
4.Walk 30 minutes a day. U do not have to join a gym, just go out and walk. Get moving and breathing.
5. Out of all your calories, protien means the most. YOU MUST GET YOUR PROTIEN FIRST! This way hair does NOT fall out and you feel full of energy~! and there are other things too, but who wants their pride and joy to fall out~? Our locks of gold or black tea~ lol!
6. Only weight once a week. Do not let the number on the scale determine who u r~!

I hope these 6 tidbits help u cuz they do me and I am 75 down 55 days post op on a revision. Good Luck and do not hesitate emailing me [email protected] for more encouragement~!
Most Active