BEST PROTEIN POWDER?

XoXoKeyraXoXo
on 9/28/10 4:39 pm

So im 2yrs out and am about to start the 5day pouch test once i buy some protein powder, i did not use them after i had the surgery, but everyone iv talked to recomends it to help with curbing my carb addiction, that seems to get worse. Im a stress eater, that did not change with surgery,  iwas able to control it better, but my husbands left 5months ago to deploy and i only hear from him once a week, plus two kids and moving accross the world to be with family during this time..  and going back to school  IS WAY WAY STRESSFUL.. My starting weight was 287, i was down to 190 when i moved back to the states, that was about 6weeks ago.. i think iv gained 10lbs in that time period. So im taking action, iv been going to the gym, and signed up with a personal trainer so i have the acountablity to GO to the gym knowing that im paying for someone to be there, Hell yeah im going to go, I know iv streched my pouch, that full feeling has been gone for a long time. Hmm i guess i should mention at 9months post op i found out i was pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl in Feb.. i only gained 15lbs my whole pregnancy, and lost if right away, now im just struggling.
So once i have some help, im going to buy my  low carb/protein powder im going to take back my control.. BUT HELP.. I need advice on what is a good kind, and where can i buy it at a store vs online.... 

Lisa R.
on 10/3/10 4:21 pm - Dallas, TX
First of all, welcome back home! It sounds like your plate is definitely full (no pun intended). No wonder you're so stressed.

I LOVE Unjury Protein Powder which can be ordered through their website and some hospitals. I haven't found a bad flavor and, I know everyone is different, but I cannot smell or taste that "proteiny" smell. They mix with milk or water, broth, yogurt, you-name-it.  They have great recipes on their website as well and tips for those who are needing to jump back on the bandwagon.  I think you can order individual packets to try before purchasing a whole canister. Some of our local hospitals/bariatric physicians carry this brand and I've yet to see it in a Vitamin Shop or Health Food Store so you might try contacting them for a supplier near you if you try it and decide it's something you like.

Here's their link: http://www.unjury.com/reg/products.shtml?tag=email_products

5 ft. 0 in.  HW/242      SW/236     CW/216    GW/120?

Kitzy
on 10/12/10 11:07 am - New Ulm, MN
 Go to vitalady.com and order some of her samples . . . 1.99 for a sample to find 1 you actually like and will drink will help moreso then buying a biiiiig container of something you'll hate . . .

This is my absolute favorite so far though ~ and it goes well in carbsmart icecream when I just can't kill one of those damn cravings D:  Anywho . . . its pina colada flavored and so beyond yumness

http://www.bestpricenutrition.com/syntrax-nectar-2-lbs-pr-19 293.html

Live out loud!  How many people's lives have you touched recently?  Pay it forward

Cheryl W.
on 12/7/10 3:42 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
I agree with Lisa and Kitzy.  Unjury chicken soup flavor mixed in cream of chicken soup or chicken broth, is fab.  Warm, and filling.  Favorite "shake" is Nectar Caribbean Cooler.  Mixed with Diet V8 spla****'s wonderful.

I'm on liquid diet Pre-Op right now, I'm finding that warm stuff is filling and soothing, like chicken broth and beef broth.  I also just tried a hot chocolate mix from New Directions, Fabulous.

Good luck shrinking the pouch.  Don't know how long you want to do it, but from my perspective, I know I'm very satisfied with 1000 calories completely liquid, and it took my regular stomach 6 days to be happy with its new routine.

HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
Most Active