Suggestions please

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/10 8:56 pm, edited 9/22/10 8:58 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi Everyone! I wanted to come and get some suggestions as far as things to eat. I do not have a surgery date scheduled yet, and I'm currently waiting for my appt. with my nutritionist to do my 3 month course with them. I wanted to get started though on some changes in my eating habits, so that not everything hits me at once and shocks the crap out of me:) Can you guys give me some ideas of what to eat? I was told that its going to need to be high protein/low carb. I am not a huge meat/egg fan. So, some suggestions on how to get some good protein without constantly eating meat and eggs would be great:) Thanks for any help!

Ayshren
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/10 11:54 pm - Charlotte, NC
Woah slow down there!! Just too many replies at once..lol
rbb825
on 9/24/10 4:47 pm - Suffern, NY
This is really a dead board and not the best place to come for help.  You dont' list your surgery type but you are best off going to either the RNY, main, DS or VSG board depending on your surgery or choice.

As far as protein goes, I get the bulk of my protein from protein drinks  - I take No Sugar added hot chocolate and add 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein to it plus a little bit of milk. This gives me 35 grams of protein per mug. I drink this for breakfast and again as a snack later in the evening.  The 2 mugs give me 70grams of protein per day.  Once in awhile when I dont' feel like eating, I have a 3rd one.  They are delicious.

For foods - you cant' have them all right off the bat but here are foods that are high in protein.  Yogurt - greek is best, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, heinz vegetarian baked beans, chili, fish, shrimp, chicken, turkey, deli meats, cheese sticks, sliced cheese and this is without listing meat and eggs.

Most Active