Has anyone tried the "fullbar"

Shelley L.
on 10/21/10 7:35 am - overland park, KS

Thanks for asking, I'm hanging in there, some days better than others, I really wanted to focus on exercise, but I have NO income right now, so I'm doing what I can. I know I can go outside and walk, but I do MUCH better with support at the gym. I am doing pilates once a week and doing some yoga at home.

As far as my eating, it's just weird, sometimes I do well, and am really on track other times, I do stupid crap like buying ho ho's!?!?!  What the heck, I wouldnt' dream of buying ho ho's a year ago. It's all in my head for sure, I need to go back to therapy, I'm using food as my drug again and it just isn't acceptable. 

that's a a good idea to try the getting back on track forum. I just feel I'm running out of food ideas. I'm just sick of everything, nothing ever sounds good, so I just end up eating crap, I'ms eriously addicted to these ritz peanut butter crackers, I can't stop buying them and I eat them constantly, even i the middle of the night, I get up to pee and I eat them, it's ridiculous. I had related my appetite to some of the meds I was on so I went off some I was on. 

I'm trying to focus on protein, I just ordered some more premixed protein shakes because I do well with those. I also like some of the protein bars. I do eat chicken and cheese. 

The one thing i don't tolerate is bread or very little of it, I feel seriously ill with that, but I tolerate sugar just fine, Ialso don't tolerate milk or ice cream but I use soy milk and have some of that special k cereal that has 15g protein. 

So anyway, long story short, I've not lost any but don't think Ive gained any, I'm staying away from teh scale, but my 16's are tight, and I was wearing 14's, I thought for sure I'd be down to a 12 by now so it's completely frustrating!

Hang in there and good for you for getting back on track!

Shelley

347/194-back up to 215/189  48lbs lost before surgery!

DCGirl26
on 10/21/10 7:42 am - London, UK
 I know exactly what you are going through and, you're right, it's totally a head thing. I was the best WLS patient for the first 6 months or so and then slowly I made the mistake of testing my limits. In the process I realized that almost nothing (within reason) makes me dump. I can eat a pack of M&Ms, a scoop of ice cream, a slice of pizza, a ho-ho, whatever and 99% of the time I'll feel fine. At first it was a 2 pound gain, then 4 then suddenly here I am with a 20 pound gain. It's got to stop or i WILL be 341 pounds and squeezing into a size 28 if I'm lucky. I refuse to go back to that miserable life, so the wake up call for me, like you, was my 14's being too tight to wear comfortably anymore. 

I have a few things that have helped me that might be useful

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/ - the forum is great to stay accountable. A few regulars post a daily meal and exercise plan so it's a good support system 

Also, for head hunger try and find a local Overeaters Anonymous, it's free and it's really helpful for dealing with the core reasons we eat 

http://www.oa.org/ 

I wish you all the best!

Back on track as of 11/1/2014

341/183/263/150
HW/LW/CW/GW

Weight loss goal:
Back to Onederland by 3/26/2015

Most Active