UGH Protein Shakes

HillCountryFlowers
on 9/9/10 11:53 pm - New Braunfels, TX
I am on day two of my pre-op diet. I absolutely hate the protien shakes, its like trying to swallow down melted yucky ice cream.  Over the past two days I have only managed to shoke down one and a half. I am not much of a sweet person, the idea of sweet stuff for breakfast turns my stomach, but I try. I can't even manage to try at lunch, just have broth intead. I would greatly appreciate any knowlege or suggestions yall could share.......Thanks
juliW
on 9/10/10 9:21 am - Spindale, NC
I'm waiting for my surgery date to be set (any time now!!)....but I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think I will like having to drink choc, strawberry or vanilla flavored protein shakes for meals. I just don't really go for sweet foods....

But, Unjury makes a protein powder that is chicken flavored.....you can order samples on their website. That might be something you could try to see if you like that better than the sweet stuff.

I'm going to order a couple sample packs and see what it's like...
places2go
on 9/17/10 1:29 am - MD
Have the same problem. Have yet to really try any protein supplement that I really like BUT the chicken broth from Unjury is the most tolerable for me from the many I've tried.
BigMommaNoMore
on 9/19/10 6:35 am - Dayton, OH
You can get unflavored and mix it in to foods!!
HillCountryFlowers
on 9/26/10 4:16 am - New Braunfels, TX
I found pre-made are much smoother and easier to take. The EAS chocolate isn't too bad. I am 6 days post op and choking down more than one a day is hard but I fight on.
Most Active