Crystal Light Slurpee NOT Light!

Brenda C.
on 8/18/10 8:34 am
I just discovered by accident that Crystal Light Slurpees are NOT a low calorie drink as one would suspect.  Some friends said, "Hey, let's get Slurpees!"  I got excited, as 7 Eleven offer Crystal Light -- thinking that the stuff I use at home is 4 calories a serving - a HUGE Slurpee is probably 40 calories.

I WAS SO WRONG!!!!    

http://www.slurpee.com/Flavors/

Barqs Rootbeer Flavored Slurpee - tastey, but I wanted to be good -- 66 calories for 8 oz
Crystal Light Peach Mango Slurpee - 60 calories for 12 oz - but I got a huge one, so still doing the math!  

I am really curious where did all the calories come from???  I will be working on my own Crystal Light ice drink at home - with the CORRECT number of low calories!

B : )~
rbb825
on 8/18/10 4:38 pm - Suffern, NY
I looked it up and the 12 ounce one has 12 carbs, so if you got a supersize one say 24 ounces - it had 24 carbs - I don't consider that light - it may be sugar free but not low carb.

Brenda C.
on 8/19/10 4:01 am
It seems so deceiving!  When you think you found an acceptable treat, you look a little closer - ARGH!!!!  It says Crystal Light - I wrongly assumed "4 calories per serving..."  Knowing it is a CONCENTRATED drink, I was guessing somewhere in the range of 20 - 40 calories.  Then I wonder, since it is carbonated & whipped - how do you get an accurate weight???

Anyhow, I am tempted to write 7 Eleven and ask -- "What's the deal???"

Brenda : )~
rexysmamma
on 11/10/10 4:48 am
no wonder we dump on that stuff. i dump really bad.....!
Most Active