book suggestions

Megan B.
on 8/10/10 10:06 am - Southgate, MI

I need some book suggstions that has food suggstions.  Very simple recipes ideas not these crazy french things.  I have kids that have to eat too lol.  I am very picky and don't eat any veggies so the least of those the better and yes my surgon knows that lol.  please let me know if you have run across any great ideas.  I need to get back on track and need to know what to get.  I just can't remember where to start.

I am coming off of having a baby also.  no I am not breastfeeding so no worries there.

thanks

kevjack77
on 8/13/10 3:13 pm
Here are some books I have enjoyed.  One thing they share are quick, easy recipes and full nutritional information:

1) Eat What you Love by Marlene Koch -- one of the best cookbooks.  The food tastes great and the portions are sensible for your family (not tiny).  Over 300 recipes, very comprehensive.

2) The Everything Post Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook -- this is a new book with some great suggestions and easy recipes.

3) Recipes for Life After Weight Loss Surgery -- Has some really good recipes in there.  Some take a little longer than others, but it covers all the meals of the day. 

4) The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery -- a really good book with tips about nutrition and some great recipes.  Many are quick and easy.

All of these are still in print and pretty cheap online.   I hope this helps. 
nancetx
on 9/19/10 8:53 am - Midland, TX
KevJack,

Thanks for the book list!!!!
Thank you God!  Nan
charlotte180
on 9/29/10 3:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Yes, thanks for that list - I'll check them out of the library.

:)

Most Active