does coffee count toward fluid intake??

divamedmama
on 8/5/10 1:31 am - Oxnard, CA
Ok, so I know I should know this but can't seem to find it anywhere in my post-op packet. Does coffee count towards my fluid intake? I am 14 months out, so no judgemental comments please :)

Adria

kevjack77
on 8/5/10 2:13 pm
I drink a couple of cups of decaf a day, and it counts.  You can have caffinated coffee as long as you drink a little more to overcome the diuretic effects of the caffine. 

I think the trick is to not load up the coffee drink with empty calories and turn it into a meal without meaning to.
Kitzy
on 8/6/10 2:06 am - New Ulm, MN
 Ooooo protein coffee with a scoop of your fav vanilla protein powder :D

Live out loud!  How many people's lives have you touched recently?  Pay it forward

divamedmama
on 8/14/10 3:42 pm - Oxnard, CA
Is that just coffee with protein powder? Please share your recipe!! Thanks :)
MissMaryMac
on 4/12/11 5:55 am - Maple Grove, MN
I make protein coffee every day.... sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!  If I could only get my fuilds drinking plain water, i would be severely dehydrated and dead by now -- water does not taste good to me anymore and sits very heavy in my stomach.

This is what I do:

blender bottle -- the big one (24oz I think?)
Fill with 1.5-2 cups decaf coffee
Add a scoop of protein (I usually add chocolate or cookie & cream flavor types0
Add a couple Tbsp SF Hazelnut Coffee Creamer (or Soy milk) 
(SomeimteI add amaretto creamer or amaretto agave)
splenda if you need it sweeter
Shake Shake Shake -- add ice -- yum!

** I am a Susan G Komen 3-Day Walker --- WLS allowed me to make it all 60 miles in 2010 and 2011 and I'm doing it again in 2012!!  
Joseph Itkor
on 2/11/11 12:18 pm - hackettstown, NJ
I go to Starbucks every morning.  I get a venti, skinny hazelnut latte with two scoops of their protein powder.  you don't taste the protein and its 6 g per scoop. Because its a latte, its mostly skim milk, so there's 11 g of protein in the milk, and 12 more I have them add.  I get 23 grams of protein in my coffee and its only 190 calories!!!!

Most Active