Always Hungry

Debby_Luv
on 8/2/10 2:24 pm - Violet, LA
VSG on 10/13/09 with
I had my vertical sleeve surgery in October, and yes I had major complications but I am okay now.  I lost my first 75 pounds with ease and I wasn't hungry.  I am starting to get hungry again, my cravings are coming back and actually I can eat more than I did when I first had the surgery.  I need help for what I can do to decrease these cravings again.  At first I could barely eat anything, now I can eat more, almost the same amount as before the weight loss surgery.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I only have 45 pounds to go to goal.  Please suggest anything. 

Debby Luv

Jesse_James
on 8/3/10 10:15 am
What's your carb grams, protein grams and fat grams breakdown?  Often it's too many carb grams, not enough protein.

loose -- (adj)  not tight
lose - (verb)  to rid oneself of

sleeve genie
on 8/8/10 2:41 pm - Alhambra, CA
almost as much as pre surgery?  thats a scary thought,  i didn't think we would ever be able to eat that much again.   I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time,  no advice other than what you already know,  protein first   limit your carbs?  lots of water,  good luck
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Debby_Luv
on 8/9/10 2:49 pm - Violet, LA
VSG on 10/13/09 with
thanks I think the problem is that I don't drink enough water, and I do eat too many carbs, and I think that's where the problem lies.  They say carbs get you to crave sugars and other unhealthy foods, and that is what I am doing.  I hope my stomach is not stretching.  If it is, do you think if I got off these carbs my stomach would shrink again?

Debby Luv

Jesse_James
on 8/11/10 1:43 pm
The surgeons say the sleeve stretches a little in everyone. So it probably won't go back down to when you were post-op but that won't be surprising.  But if you carb count and get into ketosis, it may help you a lot with the hunger....stay in the 30-40 g range.  Start all meals with protein first.  And check your urine with ketostix and make sure you're staying in ketosis.

loose -- (adj)  not tight
lose - (verb)  to rid oneself of

Most Active