Question about Isopure

Jim MaToochi
on 7/21/10 2:40 pm - Chicago, IL
      I am pre op for RNY. I have been drinking Isopure Zero Carb 40g protein in the glass bottles. They are 20 oz  premixed drinks. I like the convenience of them and am able to get them at my Surgeons office for cheaper price than GNC. I recently bought a 3lb container of the powder Isopure. On the package it says to use 2 scoops for 12 oz of water. Each serving has 50g of protein in it. It also states to stir it with a spoon in a glass if no shaker or blender are available. I stirred the mixture in a much bigger glass of water that was approx 20 oz. After I stirred it I let it sit for 10 min as stated. It never got even remotely clear and was unable to even drink.

My question is, does anyone know how to use the powder Isopure (Alpine Punch) and make it to the same consistency as the bottled Isopures? If anyone can please help me that would be great. I am close to my surgery happening. I am still waiting for insurance to approve me. Thanks !! 

Jim
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/26/10 5:57 am
I don't think it is possible to make a clear drink from the powder. 
If you want the clear - you buy the bottles.  The powder mixes in water and the drink is different.  use blender or blender bottle. 
You can add some frutis, or more ice, or SF syrups to make it taste better.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

nwgal
on 8/22/10 5:17 am - Portland, OR
I use the Isopure Alpine punch powder every day, and it doesn't get completely clear like in the bottles, but I still like it. I have a 20-ounce water bottle with a lid, so I add 12 ounces of water and 2-scoops of Isopure, then shake it up like crazy. It works pretty well, but I've got to keep shaking it periodically so it doesn't settle. Don't use too much water though, it doesn't taste very good watered down.

Good luck!

VSG in 2010. Working on getting the DS with Dr. Esquerra.

Jim MaToochi
on 8/24/10 2:19 am - Chicago, IL
Thank you. I will try it! 
Most Active