25 pounds to go -- thinking about doing Atkins (X-posted on Lap Band forum)

Angelofmusic219
on 7/2/10 2:36 pm - Madison, NJ

Hello all,

I have been away for quite a while - out busily working and going back to school since last fall. Schedules have been crazy, but  with the help of my band, I've managed to maintain my weight pretty well since this whole career change idea came along. By manage I mean fluctuate with the same 5 or so pounds for about a year now, definitely something new for me!!

Anyway, my old sugar addictions have come back to bite me in the rear end and I'm up about 10 pounds from my lowest ever adult weight. I've only got about 25 more to go to be "normal."  I know I need to get rid of these sugar cravings and I'm thinking about doing Atkins to jump start my weight loss again. My fill level is at a good place when I eat solid protein and veggies (like we're supposed to be doing), I just need to stop grabbing junk on the fly between work and school.

So, to cut to the chase, has anyone else done Atkins post lap band? What did you think of it?

Becky M. Coming up on 5 years, still working at it.  

Start: 257  Lowest: 177 Current: 200

tcherlady
on 7/12/10 9:35 am - McDonough, GA
NY2ATL is the guru as far as I am concerned!  Search her posts and read them all!!!! You won't be disappointed.  Here is the link for her atkins friendly recipes.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/LCRECIPES/discussion/
Most Active