food help

Nathalie R.
on 6/14/10 6:28 am - Oklahoma City, OK
So... I feel kinda stupid even asking this question so forgive me in advance. I am 4 months out and am really confused on what to eat. I was 275 day of surgery and I am about 228 as of today. I have had a rough road so far and didnt lose any weight the month of April since I was in the hospital the whole month and in march I lost only a little bit since I was only home 10 days that month. In May i started losing again but this time very very slowly.

I am going to ask my doctor on Thursday but in the meantime I would like to ask here. When you were 4 months out what types of food did you eat. I am just so confused...

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Nathalie

*~*~* True Beauty lies within the Imperfections *~*~*
Find me on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1437043148&ref=name
candymcclain
on 6/18/10 9:19 am - Norco, CA
Natalie,
You need to go back to your doctor and ask for nutritional counseling.  I cannot believe that this was not laid out for you.  Basically you should be consuming 100 grams of protien per day and taking vitamins, avoiding simple carbs and eating lo fat.  I have never heard of your doctor, in this area.  This is based for a RNY.  My doctor has a support  group, maybe you could look for one of these, they are very helpful.  And you shold not feel ashamed to ask any questions.  Good luck to you and your journey.
eviegal0827
on 7/23/10 12:48 pm - MONTEREY PARK, CA
HI NATHALIE, DONT GIVE UP, DONT GET IMPATIENT, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU A LIST OF FOOD THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU, DURING THE FIRST FEW MONTHS.   BUT JUST DONT FORGET YOUR WATER, PROTIEN DRINKS, AND VITAMINS.  STAY AWARY FROM REGULAR SUGARS, THEY ARE NOT WORTH EATING.  FOCUS ON WATER, FORGET ABOUT SODIUM DRINKS, IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE ONE, MAKE SURE ITS DIET AND ONLY HAVE 4 TO 8 OZ.  DO NOT DRINK MILK SHAKES THEY ARE HIGH IN FAT.  START YOUR WALKING, MAKE IT SECOND NATURE YOU WILL START TO SHRINK FASTER.  TAKE UR B-12 THAT MELT UNDER YOUR TONGUE.  IT WILL HELP U REDUCE YOUR APPETITE AND IF YOU MUST SNACK, MAKE IT A SUGAR FREE JELLO.  YOU HAVE TO FIND SOMTHING THAT WILL WORK FOR YOU.  DO RESEARCH AND YOU WILL BE FINE.  IM STRUGGLING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I ALLOWED MYSELF TO SNACK THE WRONG THINGS.       TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS  EVELYN
Most Active