no weight loss

WOODHAVENSMOM
on 6/10/10 3:08 pm - Rockwood, MI
Its my 2nd week out and I havent lost any weight between last week and now. Im so depressed  and also in so much pain. The surgeon said its natural ro feel some discomfort but Im really hurting. the pain pills arent taking the edge off either. The pain is in my muscle under my left breast that they went through for surgery.Its a constent burning/ tearing feeling.  Im wearing the binder but it doesnt help. What have I done???

GordonGirl
on 6/12/10 6:07 am - SoCal, CA
A couple of things to remember...first of all you are probably carrying plenty of extra water weight because of the surgery and IV's. That usually takes several weeks to go away. Secondly, if you are not already, you need to start walking pain or not. The pain is no doubt from the gas lodged in places through out your body, but that won't dissipate until you are moving. During my first weeks walking saved me...not that it was always "fun", but I believe I recovered much faster when moving around and also felt much more positive! Last but not least, sip, sip and sip some more. Dehydration is nothing to play games with, ever. Follow your diet instructions carefully. You are at a great calorie deficit, so you will lose weight! Any questions or concerns talk to your surgeon or his nurse. Relax and take it day by day...you will be amazed :)
maggiemay345
on 6/23/10 12:40 am - Riverton, UT

Keep your chin up. Remember your body is going through a big change. This is my week 3 so I know what you have been through. The last poster was right about walking and the gas pains. The gas pain will not go away unless you get up and moving, as uncomfortable as it may be. I thank my toddler for my speedy recovery. You can also try putting a heating pad on the bad spots.

If you are having a tearing pain in your large incesion you may want to contact your dr.

About the weight loss, keep plugging along you need to make sure you are following the diet, and trying to get exercise, you got to move it to loose it.

The biggest thing is positive thinking, it will get better promise

Blessed Be!
Maggie

Most Active