lo-carb,pre op diet-HELP!

cindy5089
on 6/3/10 9:26 am - Cedar Park, TX
 I have finished week one of my pre-op,lo-carb diet and I feel like I am blowing it!  I have been eating my meat, but I have also been eating a lot of veggies,which I thought were okay.  Now I have this calorie,fat and carb book and I see that most veggies are loaded with carbs!  What am I suppose to eat.  I am very frustrated and don't want to show up for surgery and be told my liver is too fat!  Please advise!  Trying not to cry...
Price S.
on 6/3/10 10:37 am - Mills River, NC
Veggies are carbs, but they are complex not simple carbs.  I would think you should have been given more guidance than just lo carb, but if you look at Adkins or South Beach (early weeks), they include lettuce, greens, green beans, celery, cucumbers, that kind of thing.  Lo carb doesn't include potatoes, dried beans, peas, corn, in other words, starchy veggies.
I know I was given a specific list of ok or not ok foods.
cindy5089
on 6/4/10 11:30 am - Cedar Park, TX

I am not eating anything starchy.  I also agree that I should have been given more specific instructions.  It just seems like I am having to find my own way on a lot of this stuff.  I find that very frustrating.
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/10 2:26 am
Welcome to your journey.  You will find out that you will need to keep researching by yourself and getting all info as needed.  So get ready- put a Google on your computer - mark the side and use it often.  Unfortunately - there is only so much they can give us in 10-15 min that our appointment is.  A lot of the work - you are expected to do yourself. 
The main board and the boards specific for your surgery - gets more visitors - so any question - ask there rather than here- you would be surprised with how much people are there - willing to help and who knows what they are talking about. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active