Weight Regain - HELP

shockey
on 5/10/10 4:10 am - Palmdale, CA
I am 3 years and 3 months post-op and have regained about 30 pounds.  I never reached my goal weigh (needed to lose 25 more).  Saying all of that i have recommitted to getting off the weight.  I started on the 5 day pouch test to see how my body will react.  I don't know what to do after that and am looking for some good advice. 

Also if there is anyone out there in the Antelope Valley area of Calfornia who would be willing to be my "accountability partner" please let me know because I could use some support in this endeavor.

THANKS
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/10/10 7:26 am
After the 5DPT -  make sure you go back to basics. 5 meals + 2 or 3 snacks, protein first, counting all prot and calories. Drink 64-128 oz of water, 80-100 (or more) prot a day, low sugar diet, no drinking with meals. Measure all your portion. Eat slowly, chew well.

join BOOT group.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

shockey
on 5/12/10 4:18 am - Palmdale, CA
Thank you for your comments.  I went to the site and really feel that it will be helpful.   I had a really bad sprained ankle that made me stop exercising and then I slipped back into old bad eating habits.  It's so easy to say 5 pounds is no big deal - i'll take it off, but then it turned into 10, 15, etc.  and then I realized it was 30!!! I feel a renwed sense of purpose and am beginning my journey anew taking it one day at a time.  I have to remember that even small steps lead to success!

Have a Blessed Day.

Cheryl
rbb825
on 5/11/10 5:36 pm - Suffern, NY
I recently went to my NUT because of a slight regain - for me it was only 5 pounds but it was the beginning and I wanted to catch it before it became 10 or 20.  So, after talking with my NUT we decided that I had to go back to the basics and for me, I actually wasn't eating enough.  Our bodies need lots of protein and enough calories to keep us going.  We also need to eat lots of small meals to keep our metabolism at its optimum and to maintain a constant blood sugar.

You need to eat atleast 100 plus grams of protein, 1200 calories and 64-80 ounces of fluids a day.  You need to eat 5-6 small meals a day, each one having protein.  1-2 protein drinks a day are fine and they actually help us to get in our protein and absorb it better than some of our food.  Also, try to get as much exercise as possible.  This is my downfall.  I do some walking but that is it.  I know I could have lost more weight if I exercised more but I have medical problems preventing me from it, so walking is all I can do.

shockey
on 5/12/10 4:22 am - Palmdale, CA
Thank you for your reply.  I am finsihing the 5DPT on Friday and then intend to follow the guidelines that I was given when I had my surgery which pretty much is the same as what you have shared.  I am on my third day and already feeling much more in control. 

Have a Bless day

Cheryl
aml711
on 6/6/10 8:41 am, edited 6/6/10 8:41 am - Erie, PA
Shockey,

I am right there with you.I am 2 yrs plus post-up and have gained 30 pounds.  I am truly disgusted with myself which just leads me to more eating (unhealthy of course).  It's like I do it without even thinking about it.  I tell myself that today is the day I'm going to start paying attention to getting protein in first and no junk food.  The next thing I know I'm shoving something unhealthy in my mouth.  I was in size 8/10's and now am wearing 14's.  Not one pair of shorts from last summer fit me.  I refuse to buy new ones.  I am thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test beginning tomorrow.  I am also going to check out the link someone above posted. 

I am in Pennsylvania but would be willing to partner up with you and check to see how you're doing.

Good Luck!!

Annette

PS - needless to say that the picture and weight loss info is old!

Annette
318 - highest
308 - preop
165 - goal

Most Active