I feel like I'm going crazy and need help.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 12:29 pm - Massena, NY
RNY on 05/27/10 with
RNY surgery is 5/27/10. I am required to lose at least 10 pounds ( and know that it is imperative for an easier and successful surgery ). I feel like I don't know how to think or where to start. Desserts are gone. I want to do a protein based low or no carb " diet" . Please help me by sharing what you may have done or point me to something simple to follow for protein diets. Atkins?? I feel scared to death like this is something I have to... I know, it feels like I'm in a dream trying to run from something and I'm not going anywhere... Panic. I live with so much physical pain each day and, frankly, all my hopes are pinned on a successful surgery which requires me to get my **** together now. Thanks a lot, Rich
jdmalone75
on 5/2/10 1:01 pm
I don't know what your dr has told you to do to lose the weight, but my dr put me on a 2 week liquid diet.

Basically, all I had for 2 weeks was Slim Fast (high protein) if you can find it. I had a cup of broth one night, but other than that that's all I had for 2 weeks. I lost 13 pounds on that. Some people do lose more than that.

I wasn't hungry really either if I drank my shakes. I drank one about every 4 hrs and I was good. :)

The Slim fast allows for your liver to be smaller too so when surgery actually happens there's not so much of a problem getting to your internal organs.

I am surprised your dr has not told you more.??
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 1:08 pm - Massena, NY
RNY on 05/27/10 with
I have a 3 day liquid diet to follow and a great post op diet and routine . I need to weigh in on the 26th. I'm looking to start something sensible now i.e. like all the protein I want turkey, chicken, steak, eggs cheese so I can start to lose now and work without feeling shaky and like I'm starving. I will drink nothing bu****er for 4 days at the end if thats what it takes. Starting the dialogue with someone is helpful. Maybe my real fear is something postponing my surgery. I postponed it once to make work happy as we were short staffed and I regret it to some degree. I really tend to operate in the mindset of " I'm right where I'm supposed to be..." I appreciate your comment. I'm thinking whey protein and skim milk???
boneswag
on 5/3/10 7:57 am
I think the Adkins would probably work, but in addition you should start walking.  You will have to walk/excercise after your surgery so you might as well get a  routine going now.  That will really kick start your weightloss.  Good Luck! 
faedra
on 5/4/10 4:22 am - El Cajon, CA
I personally am eating every 2-3 hours but very small meals. I have a bowl the size of baby bowls and eat protein rich food and veggies. Last night I made eggplant chips. I was told it keeps you not hungry and your blood sugar level. I do have about 100g of protein a day and about 1200 cal but this is me. I have to lose 150 total so this is all pre surgery diet.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/10 3:35 pm - Massena, NY
RNY on 05/27/10 with
Thanks guys. My head is outta my ass now for 2 full days. Working the Atkins for now. No desserts or carbs for 2 days. Hell yeah... Gonna research some protein powders and buy a big jug. I may do a day of that every other day. I'm pumped right now and hungry but I ain't touching the half gallon of chocalate chip cookie dough ice cream. Normally I'd rationalize my way into at least a couple BIG spoonfulls freezer side... I need and want results STAT.... Heavy D out
Most Active