Hello to Everyone! (Introduction)

geniusmike
on 3/24/10 5:06 am - Maumelle, AR
Hello everyone! 

My name is Michael, I am 44 years old, and I live in Maumelle, Arkansas.  I am originally from Los Angeles, then I moved here for love (lol!) and I am very happy.

I started my journey on January 7, 2004 at 440 pounds (photo in my gallery), and then after a lot of trial and tribulation and an open distal RNY (and a few complications and a number of hospitalizations - however I would do it all again!), I got down to a very super skinny 150 pounds.

Now, for a 5'11" man, that is too skinny and ridiculous - and I looked like something the cat dragged in!  So, I friend of mine who is a semi-pro bodybuilder took me under his wing, and with his help, I managed to gain healthy muscle and get an actual body! (the other pic in my gallery) - that is me at 190 pounds.

Well, over the past year, I stopped going to the gym and lifting weights altogether from lack of time with my new job here in Little Rock, and I also ballooned up to 218 pounds!!!  I was miserable!

I decided that I could no longer do it alone.  I got onto the Back On Track eating plan, taking all of my supplements again, and being a more conscious person with not drinking while eating, and I am back down again to 200.  Whew!  Am I ever happy!

The only sad part is, that I have still not gone back to the gym and hit the weights again.  I really want to, but I have so much stress and pressure in my life - and on top of that, being strict on an eating regimen again, it all has my head reeling.

That is why I am back here finally.  Almost 2 years ago I decided that I no longer needed support (BIG mistake - how dumb of me!), and I closed down my OH account and stopped going to meetings.  Well, I am reaching out to our community again, realizing that this is a life-long commitment, and there will NEVER be a time in my life when I will not need support.

So, my goal is to get back down to around 180 (not too far to go!), and GET MY MUSCLES BACK.  I don't look TOO bad right now, but I am not as cut as I was in the photo from last year (in my gallery).

Also - I will then need to get my plastics still, I never got that far.  So I have the "apron" just like everyone else who has lost all that weight! LOL....

At any rate, I really look forward very much to getting to know some of you - and if any of you are in the Little Rock or Maumelle area, PLEASE let's connect and become friends!  I am really a great guy, and I could use the support!

With much peace to everyone,

Mike
Most Active