food/nutrition tracking

turningpoint
on 2/12/10 11:49 pm
I just had RNY surgery 2 weeks ago, so I am just starting to work my way up to eating purrees, but I am struggling with tracking foods and know that it will only get worse as time goes by.  What tracking methods have you found to be most useful?  What do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks!!

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/10 12:36 am - AZ
I like www.thedailyplate.com because it's easy to use. Find one that you like and stick with it, it's nice to be able to go back to any point in time and see what you were eating and nutritional info. Also, I have a weight graph from the beginning of my journey to today, 3 years later.
Melva
on 3/2/10 10:16 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Emily

I just get the good old spiral and journal everything I eat. Works very well for me there are times I can't getto the PC, I find it easier just to write as I go...

Melva

turningpoint
on 3/3/10 7:39 am
I didn't have much luck with the spiral...I am forever leaving them at work in the car at home whereever.

I ended up getting the Droid and using Calorie Counter.  I love it because I can scan in the bar codes of the foods I eat then just change the portion.  It will also search for foods be it restaurant , store brand or just not in the scanner yet.  Loving it! 
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
pippin
on 3/14/10 3:16 pm - Baltimore
Wow, that Droid thing sounds great!

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

VSG on 4/7/2009.  Weight at surgery- 341 lbs.  Weight lost- 150 lbs. Weight regain- 70 lbs.  Current weight 260 lbs.  Seeking a revision to the DS.

pippin
on 3/14/10 3:16 pm - Baltimore
I use myfitnesspal.com every single day.  It is my second biggest tool next to my WLS.   If I can't get to a computer, I write down everything I eat for the day, portions, water, and log it at the end of the day.

The easiest way for me to make sure I'm logging things correctly is to measure/weigh everything.  It was such a pain in the ass in the beginning, but it has become second nature to me.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

VSG on 4/7/2009.  Weight at surgery- 341 lbs.  Weight lost- 150 lbs. Weight regain- 70 lbs.  Current weight 260 lbs.  Seeking a revision to the DS.

Most Active