Costco's Protein Bars?

meonlybetter
on 2/11/10 10:41 am - Hughson, CA

Does anyone have any experience with Costco's Premium Advantage Protein Bars?  A RNY patient (1 yr out) that I know swears by them, but I'm curious if they have too many carbs for most new post-ops.  They have 27? carbs but only 8 sugars per bar.  I'm still pre-op, but am trying to stock up before surgery.  Just looking for input.  Hopefully some of you can guide me

meonlybetter  

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/10 12:40 am - AZ
I wouldn't stock up on anything at this point. What you like today will make you hurl after surgery. Your tastes DO change. I didn't really use protein bars when I was losing, they always stalled my weight loss, always. I think it is because of the high carb count. There are just better ways to get your protein in without the excess calories and carbs.
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/19/10 5:05 am
I can't eat them. Have them and i am trying to feed them to my BF.  He is not very excited about them, but will choke them down if I do not give him any other choice... they are quite dense, and ... not so good IMO

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active