11 pounds in 11 days not enough???

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/10 8:18 am
 I had my final pre-op consult with my doctor and when i told him that i had lost 11 pounds (in 11 day on the liquid diet) he asked "is that all?"....  

wth???

i mean jeeze, what does he want me to do.... THROW UP my protein shakes!!

i dont get it. 
Tanya P.
on 2/8/10 6:28 pm - Dos Palos, CA
I was told by my doctor not to start any protein drinks yet as they slow down the weight loss process.  They say we have enough vitiamins and proteins stored that there is no need to rush into drinking our protein.  I thought it was strange myself until I weighed myself I am 7 days out and have lost 14lbs. 

Hope that helps,
Tanya
Tanya P.
on 2/8/10 6:30 pm - Dos Palos, CA
Sorry I did not read your post you said pre op!  I would think that was great!!  I only lost 10 lbs before surgery. 

Tanya
Melva
on 3/2/10 10:20 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Michelle
That is fantastic,

Melva

pippin
on 3/14/10 3:18 pm - Baltimore
WTH it sounds like your doc has a bad attitude!  lol

I lost 10 lbs in a month pre-op... 11 lbs in 11 days is incredible!

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

VSG on 4/7/2009.  Weight at surgery- 341 lbs.  Weight lost- 150 lbs. Weight regain- 70 lbs.  Current weight 260 lbs.  Seeking a revision to the DS.

mikemarki2005
on 4/19/10 6:49 am - SC
There is a liquid multivitamin created for gastrobypass patients, it is new and made with all natural nanotechnology and is far superior to a multivitamin pill which most of it just passes through, this is designed to be absorbed by the body, though anyone can take it and will benefits from it.
www.markilivethesource.com
ClareB
on 3/18/10 4:29 am - MA
Honestly...

It sounds as if he was being sarcastic. If someone told you I lost 11 lbs in 11 days, and your response was "Is that all?"  I would think that you were being sarcastic.

You never know!!  I think that is unbelievable...so that is why I think he was being sarcastic.
Good Luck!!!!
Most Active