Liquid Calcium - Anyone Use It?

alsolanik
on 1/28/10 8:46 am - Bridgeton, NJ
I am one month out and need to start my Calcium Citrate in a couple of days. I have been looking around for what I want to take. I don't like the idea of having to take 6 chewables a day. My doctor recommends 1500mg daily. I found a product called Wellesse Liquid Calcium with Vitamin D. It has 1000mg of Calcium (as Calcium Citrate and Tricalcium Phosphate) and 1000iu of Vitamin D per 2 tablespoons.

Does anyone use liquid calcium and what have your experiences been?

THANKS in advance.

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/10 10:43 pm
Yes I do the Wellesse Liquid Calcium w/Vit D also.  I have tried several chewable pills and couldnt handle the taste.  I mix my liquid in right with my protein shake and don't even taste it.  Good luck!
Lucy V.
on 2/1/10 11:00 pm
I swear by and love this stuff so much.  I'm 16mon out & I tried a lot of other liquids and this was the very best tastiing and you get so much in just 1oz.  I also mixed it with my chocolate protein shake but then got another brand of protein & it didn't taste as good.  So now I just take it to the head litterally, I take about 3000+ a day.  The best price I've seen for Wellesse is at Vitacost.com  for $6.8. 

Let me know if you see it online for cheaper.

Was: 344LBS (sz 28/30)   Now:187LBS (sz 14)   Want:175LBS (sz 12)

JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!

berts4
on 2/18/10 5:29 am - Rock City, IL
This sounds good but according to my nutritionist and all that I have read, we can only absorb 500 mg at a time.  That means you would take 3 tablespoons, each at least an hour apart. 
Also make sure to keep it away from any iron that you may be taking.

I think I will try it!  Now, I take 8 chewables per day.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

poet_kelly
on 2/22/10 2:34 pm - OH
The problem is that you won't absorb the tricalcium phosphate.  Unless you can figure out how much calcium citrate is in one tablespoon and calculate the appropriate dose accordingly, I don't know how you'd know how much to take.  Three tablespoons would give you 1500 mg calcium according to the label, but it really wouldn't give you that much because you wouldn't be absorbing the tricalcium phosphate.

Kelly
Most Active