Fruit Smoothies

rowenusmc
on 1/17/10 7:26 am
I am 6 weeks out from my rny now.   I am still getting my protein via protein shakes and carb master yogurt.  Maybe once a day I am eating a fruit smoothie.  Is there any problem with eating fruit smoothies?  Mine have about a cup of frozen fruit, no sugar added, (usually strawberry or blueberry), a handful of almonds or walnuts, and a scoop of (26 grams) protein.  I have been stalled for about 10 days now.  Could the fruit be causing that?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/18/10 9:57 pm
Probably not.  Unless you also using milk as a base for the fruit smoothie - there is not enough sugar in the fruits you list.  These fruits are really good.  Just try to limit bananas..or grapes, - high sugar fruits.

Your body is just resetting now.  Give it the time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rainbowconnection
on 1/21/10 5:26 am - houston, TX
My only issue with fruit smoothies is the amount of carbs.  I have found my body performs best on a lower amount of carbs.  I don't count them everyday but if I am eating something that might be particulary carby I will usually google it to be accountable.  I try to stay around 25-45 carbs a day.  But again I don't count them so it could be more or less.  I eat fresh veggies and fruit, meat, rice milk and yogurt.  See if you limit your intake to 25 carbs a day for a week or so and see what happens.  Another thing is to watch your splenda in take.  My doc was saying that even though splenda/artifical sweetners are zero calories your body still processes them like sugar. 

So try the low carb for 2 weeks and see if it helps.  I am a firm believer in giving new things a try.  You never know what will make your body happy. 
Most Active