Am I stretching my POUCH?

hotmamawannab
on 12/30/09 12:37 pm - Manteca, CA
I'm going on 2 yrs now.  Had my surgery in March of 2008.  Over the past few months, I've noticed that I can eat more than I used to be able to...........and the scary part is that I can pretty much eat ANYTHING and it doesn't bother me.  I'm afraid that I'm going to stretch my pouch and gain weight back.   Is there a way to know if you've stretched your pouch?

sarault
on 1/4/10 5:16 am

To be honest I don't know, but I think the only way to know is by how much you are able to eat and still be comfortable. I'm almost a year out and I have the same fear. I've heard of people reverting back to the 2-4 oz restrictive diet for a week or so as a "pouch test" and I have wondered if this would be a good idea for me. Not that I think this will shrink my pouch but as a sanity check on how much I'm eatting currently.

AutumnRae25
on 1/8/10 7:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
I constantly fear that I eat too much. Lately, I am hungry all the time....it makes me fear that i will always be fat.  I've been struggling with food choices too...eating horrible things that I KNOW I shouldnt eat...(fast food).  :(  I have GOT to get back on track or Im gonna blow this....I'm 9 months post op today..
contessnd21
on 1/19/10 5:28 am - Keller, TX
I am going to be banded in March but I have been preparing myself by getting involved in supports groups and as you can see forums.  One of those support groups met last night.  The discussion was about meal delivery service from a band and bypass friendly service.  The service is bandtasticmeals.com, everything we tasted last night was absolutely amazing.  No guessing on the portions or the guess work on whether you can digest it because from the presentation last night the meal designer/owner was banded and understand the heart aches in eating for a banded person.  I have started ordering the food now so i can be prepared and adjusted to the new diet and food.  Give the website a look and see if you like it, it cant hurt.
Most Active