Food Questions

Rusty3034
on 11/29/09 7:10 am
I have just had my bypass surgery 11/09/09 and am doing okay.  I am on stage 3 foods but I have never been one to know much about nutrietion. Does anyone have any suggestions on what foods I could be eating and/or any information on how to spruce up the blane foods I have been eating. I feel so hungry but I sometimes can't seem to get inspired with what foods they say I can eat right now. Any help would be great.
poet_kelly
on 12/1/09 5:43 am - OH
I don't know what stage 3 is on your doctor's plan.  Is it pureed foods or soft foods?  You can add spices to whatever you're eating to give it more flavor.  Your can puree just about anything.  If you can tell me if your on purees or soft foods, I can make specific suggestions.

Kelly
spicermom
on 12/24/09 2:49 am - Canyon Country, CA
My stage 3 was soft foods.  Try adding sauces to your proteins, such as cream based soups, gravies, chili sauces, salsa, light dressings. 'Waltons' bbq sauce and dressings saved me!!!  Make sure everything is soft and wet!!!  Stay away from hot spicy until 4 months. But use spices such as Mrs Dashes, cinnamon, use citrus' to flavor.  Remember protein first!!!  Then add soft veggie. I had to eat a spoonful or two of unsweetened applesauce with my food to help it go down and remember to chew, chew, chew!  I ate a lot of scrambled eggs, fatfree cottage cheese, tuna, gefilte fish, vegetarian chili, refried beans, ground chicken or turkey with gravy.
Best wishes

BSW 365 / SW 340 / GW 199 OR LESS!!            
galindos03
on 1/8/10 5:30 am
I lived on cottage cheese for quite a while after my surgery. That and Chicken Broth.  Yum :)

Egg whites are good
Cottage cheese (white cheeses are better for you than yellow)
sugar free popcicles
oh - and you can get the packets of Crystal Light at walmart - to put in your water, get the "hunger satisfaction" - I drink soooo much more water now that I have discovered these, and they are sooo yummy.  they have fiber as well as protein in them, and it makes your water taste good so you will drink more, keeping you full longer.  (no fluid 30 min before or after meal tho remember) and its not all thick like other "protein waters" even my 2 year old loves it !! and its portable :)

hope this helps darlin! Keep up the good work - its WELL worth it! 

contessnd21
on 1/19/10 4:43 am - Keller, TX
I will be banded in March so my advice comes from friends and research.  Have you tried a meal plan service???  I have several friends already banded or bypassed and they love the meal service Bandtastic Meals.  The meals are delivered to your door and there is no guess work when it comes to nutrition with this company.  The meal designer and owner of the company is an executive chef banded a couple of years ago.    If your interested the website is bandtasticmeals.com.  It's worth a look and try.

Contess
Most Active