HCG injections

willclower
on 11/3/09 10:11 pm
HCG is a human pregnancy hormone that people inject into themselves, and some docs are advising that you do this as a weight loss magic bullet.   However, as I point out in my podcast here, there are healthy solutions and unhealthy ones. Starvation works as a weight loss strategy (in the SHORT term), but isn't ALL that healthy for you ... just sayin'.   Bulimia is an illness and results in weight loss, but you shouldn't do that either, even though weight loss is the effect. And HCG has been called absolutely worthless and even dangerous by the American Medical Association.

So, do the ends justify the means in this case? I don't think so. 
This is not an easy situation to assess, because it seems like it might be a solution for some. But I think we shouldn't fall for it because, in the end, we all slip back into the original behaviors that led us down our paths in the first place!! 

We need to fix the behaviors themselves. 

Again, there is no simple solution, as we all know very well. But when our Culture of Health presents these kinds of "easy quick fix" ideas that don't produce long term results, they are basically advocating a dependent relationship in which you need their injections to keep yourself healthy in the long term.

It's great for their business but bad for us.   
  Share this article.
Bookmark and Share
Most Active