Starbuck's?

meljellis
on 10/28/09 11:28 pm
I have discovered that I like Starbuck's lattes. How can I get them and still stay somewhat on my post-op plan. I am a year out from surgery so I give myself a few little indulgences occasionally. I am new to Starbuck's so I don't exactly know how to order what I need. I really like the Pumpkin Spice( tis the season, you know) latte but checked the nut info and discovered that it isn't exactly the best thing to get. Any suggestions from the experts?

Surgery Date: 10/08/08
Starting Weight: 309
Goal Weight: 145
Weight to Date: 185

bzlatich
on 10/30/09 12:26 pm - Kennewick, WA
get it with no-fat milk, and sugar free syrups

i get a skinny(nonfat milk) latte with sugarfree vanilla and hazelnut so the only calories is in teh milk but it also protein

hope that helps

barb
Barb
stephaniejoy
on 10/31/09 9:59 am - Mont Belvieu, TX
Also tell them you want a scoop of protein...it's not a lot of protein but every little bit helps! Do you have any recipes to make them at home with protein powder? They really are easy...taste great and can be great for you not to mention how much cheaper they are when you make them yourself!

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

fleurdesol
on 11/7/09 9:33 am - berrien springs, MI
do you have a good recipe that you'd be willing to share?   I'd love to make my own w/protein. thanks
K-T
on 11/8/09 10:45 am - LA
I make hazel vanilla nut protein shakes, love them!!!! At wal mart next to the coffee they have these ice coffee drop ins (like the crystal light drop ins). I use 4 ounces of water, 1/2 cup of ice, 1 drop in of hazel vanilla nut ice coffee packet, 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use Smoothy Kings powder) sometimes of also add sugar free caramel syrup too! my shakes have 45 grams of protein!!!
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/09 7:07 am
My dietician assured me that I could keep my non-fat (no whip cream) lattes in the morning!!   As long as I have it either 30 minutes before my breakfast or one hour after.
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 4:38 am
Pre-op I loved my pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Post-op, the syrup is not sugar free on the pumpkin so I have done two things:

1) I bought my own Torani Pumpkin Pie SUGAR FREE syrup. I purchase a Starbucks Non Fat Latte and put in a tad of my own SF syrup!

2) I switched to Starbucks Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte. It uses Non Fat Milk (protein) and Sugar Free Cinnamon Dulce syrup which in my opinion is just as fabulous as the pumpkin pie!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Just do no whip, non fat milk and a sugar free syrup and you will be getting some protein in.

Good luck and happy coffee drinking!
meljellis
on 11/13/09 4:49 am
I did try the skinny vanilla latte yesterday and it was really good. It is sugar free also. I am just a dummy. I don't know enough about Starbuck's to even know how to order.

Cara_Michelle
on 11/17/09 3:12 am
 Hi!  I used to work at Starbucks and there are five flavors that you can get sugar free.  Vanilla, Caramel,  French Vanilla, Hazelnut, and Cinnamon dolce.  You'll want to get it with nonfat milk and decaf also.  So you'd say for example if you want a tall size in the vanilla,  decaf tall skinny vanilla latte.  "Skinny" means nonfat and sugar free.  Sorry, the pumpkin spice only comes with sugar, but if you want, you could ask for half the syrup.  Hope that helps a bit!
meljellis
on 11/17/09 8:46 am
Thanks! That help so much! I did try the skinny vanilla latte a few days ago so I know it is good. I just didn't know I could order it in decaf. Thanks!!!

Most Active