Am I in slider HELL

MOCITYSWEETIE
on 10/27/09 10:28 am - TX

I am at 236 and cannot get this weight off. My cousin who has a bnd seem to think all i eat is sliders and thats why im not losing and can eat alot . I had my bad filled 30 days ago under floro and the dr didnt get a .10 and i still dont feel any restriction. So ....what do you consider slider food?

stephaniejoy
on 10/28/09 9:19 am - Mont Belvieu, TX
Sliders are foods that move through the pouch easily...cottage cheese, puddings, even scrambled eggs.

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

cbhjr98
on 11/5/09 3:55 pm
Slider foods can be:

Crackers, grahm crakers, eggs, some breads, some pastas, soups, cottage cheese, juice, milk, smoothies, shakes, fruit, some veggies (liked canned or softened), gravey, most potatoes, chips, and so many more things. Most carbs turn into sliders when chewed, IMHO.

Think of it this way - if you put the food into water and soak it - does it turn into mush? if so, it's probably a slider food. Imagine putting your prospective food (after soaking in water) in a colander (the strainer with big holes, not the mesh ones) - does the food sneak through those holes? Pour some water over the food - does it escape the colander now? If so, you're probably eatting a slider food!  Pasta is still a slider food because you chew it and then it's mush, thus falling under this rule - plus i've personally tested this theory and can eat more than my stomach capacity in pasta - shhh...dont tell, everyone does things they shouldn't - occasionally....that being the key word, however...

If you had dinner of pot roast and mashed potatoes - everything on your plate except the actual beef - the sauce, potatoes, most of the veggies - are all sliders.

So - how much liquid do you drink with your meals?  If you drink you can multiply the amount of food you get down.  (Think about washing the food out of a pipe...)  STOP DRINKING BEFORE (at least 10 minutes), DURING AND RIGHT AFTER YOU EAT!  When you go out to eat - don't order even water to drink while you wait for your meal - you shouldn't be eatting that.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Tim M.
on 12/28/09 4:27 am - Hagerstown, MD
I feel you on the slider foods cause they can be so tempting. Ok my slider food that hasn't been mentioned is POPCORN. I could eat much more than normal foods of a dense protein nature. I don't forbid myself from getting popcorn but it is somehting that I have to keep an eye on. Likewise if you think you are having too much slider foods cut back and refocus your diet on the basics. The slider foods also are reminisent of old eating habits where you could eat large amounts which is mentally counterproductive as a WLS patient.

Original BMI Pre-op= 47.7
BMI = 28.0
Currently lifting weights to gain muscle

MOCITYSWEETIE
on 12/29/09 3:23 am - TX
Thanks for the advise Tim!
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/10 12:16 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 I thought I was the only one who could eat a bushel basket of popcorn and not feel a bit of restriction.  It's unnerving!  Totally pre-op behavior. 
Most Active