MSG, Neurological Problems, and Weight Control

willclower
on 10/26/09 11:30 pm

MSG. Talk about how our "Culture of Health" drives our weight and health problems!!

Is MSG bad .... what does it do? Is it frustrating our efforts to control our weight? The data waffle from one side to the other, leaving us confused in the middle.    I read this article this morning, and wanted to pass it along. It implicates MSG in neurological problems like epilepsy, Parkinson's Disease, etc.

But MSG is also linked to weight control. In fact, it is used experimentally as a way to induce obesity in lab animals. Okay, the animals are not fed Hunan Chicken every day, but the principle still applies.    Here's the bottom line. We get SO yanked around by experts here and experts there telling us (on alternating days) that it's fine or it's killing us.

Don't get frustrated by this!! It IS important to think about these issues, but it is NOT important for us to solve the academic issue experimentally before you and I can start doing something to protect our health.

First, get MSG out of your diet. If they figure out in 50 years that the brain cell death it can cause was not such a big deal after all ... no biggie. But, between now and then, play it safe.

If you need more info, just reply here, but I do talk more about this on my Ning discussion site, along with a video explaining the dangers.   Please share this with any you think might be interested.
Bookmark and Share
Most Active