vitamins and stuff

sherry R.
on 10/20/09 12:32 am
Hi all,

I will admit i have not been good with vitamins. i started this month taking vitamins i have a bottle of prenatal over the counter by one source. i take two of these aday, and i take two b-12 a day. along with my spironolactone for high andogens in my system and my birth control.

my question is this .. taking two vitamins a day is that too much, as well as two b 12 a day. the b12 is about 2500mcgs or something i guess.

any thoughts ideas.. has anyone found a calcium citrate with d that tastes good. i cant stand the chalky stuff that has no flavor any suggestions? preferably in a store and not on line but if its online i will definatly look at it.
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
poet_kelly
on 10/20/09 3:21 am - OH
I looked up the One Source prenatals.  The ASMBS says we need about 200% of the recommended daily allowance of most vitamins and minerals after RNY, and two One Source prenatals has 200% of most stuff.  But there is some important stuff missing.  Two of them only gives you 120% of vitamin A, which is not enough.  They have no biotin and no selenium.  So if you're going to use them, I would take some extra vitamin A, biotin, and selenium.  But that would kinda be a pain so what I would do is just take something else like Celebrate or Bariatric Advantage that has everything you need in it.

Are you looking for a chewable calcium citrate?  It can be hard to find that in stores.  You might have to order online.  Both Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage carry it, and they will both send you free samples if you want to taste them.

Kelly
spicermom
on 10/26/09 8:59 am - Canyon Country, CA
GREAT INFO FROM KELLY!!
I ALSO WANTED TO ADD THAT MY DR PUT MY ON ONLY 500mcgs AFTER WLS BUT IT WAS NO WAY ENOUGH. I NOW TAKE 1000mcg 2X A WEEK AND FEEL GREAT!
BUT YOU SHOULD REALLY LISTEN TO YOUR BODY FIRST, THAN GO BY YOUR LAB TESTS. IF YOUR HAVE QUESTIONS ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR DR.

BSW 365 / SW 340 / GW 199 OR LESS!!            
Most Active