a year and 2 months post op..eggs

sherry R.
on 10/20/09 12:28 am
Hi all,

I am a year and 2 months post op rny gastric bypass. Even at this time frame, scrambled eggs make me gag hard boil eggs make me gag.. will i ever be able to eat eggs again, i can do hard boiled eggs in a salad if its diced up.. but i love scrambled and whole eggs "fried hard" ( dont fret, i use a non stick pan so technically its no oil in it lol.

Anyone else going through this issue, any thoughts on the matter?

Disclaimer: i know everyone on oh is not a doctor, just askin for general info.
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 11:32 am - San Diego, CA
I was the same way with my original RNY.  For scrambled eggs...Have your tried adding a splash of milk (1-2 T) to your eggs & whisk them with a fork before you throw them in a pan and scramble them?  This always works for me.  It makes the scrambled eggs way more fluffy (knocks out a lot of the density) and for some reason it keeps my pouch happy.

I live on egg salad too...using soft-boiled instead of hard-boiled eggs.

Eggs are a major part of my post-op diet. :)

Good luck.

sardeb
on 12/8/09 11:47 pm - Weston, FL
Being almost four years out, I still to this day can only eat egg whites.  I cant explain why but whenever I have tried to eat whole eggs (prepared any way) they make me sick.  Such bad indigestion that I just want to throw up.  That is never an issue with egg whites.  So that is what I eat because I love eggs and they are easy meals.

Debbie
302 / 135 / 112
Preop /  goal /  Current

adam_
on 12/21/09 4:46 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I couldnt do eggs in the beginning but as time went on i began to be able to tolerate them...and today I have no problems....I think you might be ok once your pouch matures....baby steps, try a little bit every couple weeks.

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

gadgetlady
on 12/24/09 8:16 am
I've never had a problem with scrambled eggs (ate them my first day after the liquid phase with no issues whatsoever), BUT I have a great secret to lightening them up.  Mix them with a forkful of cottage cheese and a splash of milk before cooking them.  It makes them very fluffy and delicious.  In fact, I'm always bummed when I run out of cottage cheese because now I don't enjoy scrambled eggs without cottage cheese in there.

After my lap band failure, I'm loving my RNY!

1 Cor 4:7 - What do you have that you did not receive?
Most Active