Nutrition called "Reliv"

designera
on 10/10/09 1:53 pm
So I have a friend who sells a product called Reliv. It is a vitamin nutrition supplement? I checked out the package and it is a daily vitamin plus some extracts in a shake form. Has anyone heard of this product or taken this product? It is very expensive but if it works and helps you absorb vitamins better I am looking towards trying it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it and if it works for our deficency needs? Let me know! I am getting RNY in Nov or Dec still waiting on my surg date!

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

poet_kelly
on 10/10/09 4:15 pm - OH
Boy, I had a hard time finding the ingredient information for this product!  But I did find it.  Apparently they have several different formulas. 

Now, keep in mind that we need about 200% of the recommended daily allowance of most vitamins and minerals.  Their classic formula would provide that if you drank two a day.  It would also give you 14 grams of protein if you drank two a day.  The only thing it would not give you is calcium.  It contains calcium, but it's calcium carbonate, and after RNY we can't absorb that very well.  We need calcium citrate.

But if you drank two of the classic formula a day, it would be comparable to taking two bariatric mutlivitamins like Celebrate or Bariatric Advantage chewables a day.  Plus the 14 grams protein.  So if you like it and want to use it, it should be OK.  But if it's very expensive, I don't know that it's worth the money.  You could buy 30 days worth of Celebrate of BA multis for about $16.

If you do go with the Reliv, stay away from the Innergize formula.  It contains 14 grams of sugar and might make you dump.  Also, I looked at the Slimplicity formula.  It had about half as much vitamins as the classic.  So if you go with it, stick with the classic formula.

Kelly
designera
on 10/11/09 8:54 am
Most Active